Wednesday, 4 March 2020

Filled by VAR Drama, Everton Vs. Man United Completed 1-1

By db-admin –  There were no winners in the Everton vs Manchester United match after the match ended 1-1. The match was filled with VAR drama at the end of injury time.

Everton made five changes compared to the squad that was played when losing 2-3 to Arsenal. Michael Keane and Seamus Coleman came on for Yerry Mina and Djibril Sidibe at the back. While in the attack, Alex Iwobi gave his position to Theo Walcott.

While Manchester United only made one change from the squad that won 3-0 over Watford last week. Daniel James, who was injured against Club Brugge in the middle of the week, did not appear and gave Scott McTominay a chance in midfield.

The host was immediately able to open the score when the game was three minutes in through a strange scheme. Receiving feedback from Harry Maguire, David De Gea took too long to master the ball. Everton striker, Dominic Calvert-Lewin immediately pressed the United goalkeeper and managed to block the ball which then went into the empty goal. Everton ahead 1-0.

Two minutes later, Calvert-Lewin almost recorded his second goal. But this time De Gea performed brilliantly. Paying for his mistakes, the Spanish goalkeeper was able to brilliantly break the free-kick of Calvert-Lewin.

Almost conceding twice, United began pressing Everton. In the seventh minute the Red Devils troops should have been able to equalize if the Nemanja Matic ball did not hit the crossbar Everton escorted by Jordan Pickford.

After the game lasted 20 minutes, United began to control the ball more. However, Everton is still capable of occasionally building attacks in the United area.

Manchester United managed to equalize the score in the 31st minute. Starting from the hard work of Matic who won the ball. Matic immediately let go of the bait which was followed by Bruno Fernendes’ kick. Pickford who jumped failed to reach the ball. Score 1-1.

Entering the last five minutes, the fight was running hot which caused the referee to issue a yellow card to Luke Shaw, Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, and Harry Maguire. Until the first half was over, the score was still 1-1.

In the second half, both sides returned to fight in midfield. Manchester United tried to launch attacks more often, although yet to threaten the Everton defense in the first five minutes of the second half.

The host was almost back ahead when the game entered the 56th minute. Unfortunately the free kick from Gylfi Sigurdsson only hit United’s goalpost.

When the game was on hour in, United launched a series of attacks. But Bruno Fernandes’ efforts have not met the target.

In the 68th minute, Everton received an opportunity. Calvert-Lewin was able to escape unguarded on the right side of United’s defense. Unfortunately his kick from a narrow angle was able to be blocked by De Gea and only produced a corner kick.

Both sides were trying to chase the winning goal in the rest of the fight. At the end of the match, the host public rumbled when Calvert-Lewin’s kick hit Maguire into United’s goal. However VAR canceled Everton’s goal. Richarlison who was in front of the goal is considered to be in an offside position and disrupted the game. The 1-1 score lasted until the fight was over.

Everton strongly protested against the referee. Even Carlo Ancelotti had to receive a red card for his protest.

For United this is the third match in the Premier League they failed to beat Everton. In the previous two games United recorded one defeat and a draw.

With this result Manchester United remain in fifth place in the Premier League standings with a collection of 42 points. While Everton are perched in 11th position with 37 points.

How your reaction for this article?