Wednesday, 6 October 2021
Joan Laporta Forbids Ronald Koeman from Talking to the Media
DBasia.news – Barcelona president Joan Laporta has banned Ronald Koeman from attending media interviews. There is concern that the Dutch coach will reveal his situation at the club.
Ronald Koeman’s fate as Barcelona coach is still a mystery as a series of bad results. There are allegations that the Blaugrana will sack Koeman after the defeat against Atletico Madrid.
On the other hand, Laporta before the match against Atletico confirmed that Koeman was still in a safe position. That’s because Barcelona don’t have the budget to pay compensation if they fire Koeman.
Well, Marca reported that Koeman’s movement in Barcelona was being restricted. Laporta even banned Koeman from interviewing on the HLF8 broadcast, which airs in the Netherlands.
Dutch media said that Koeman had agreed to the interview in the middle of last week, but Laporta stepped in and refused to allow it.
Koeman then conveyed his rejection to HLF8 on Monday (4/10) local time. Johnny de Mol as the editor of HLF8 confirmed that the interview was canceled because of Laporta.
“Everything was ready, but suddenly it wasn’t allowed. He wanted to come anyway, whether he was fired or not,” Johnny de Mol said as quoted by Netherlands News Live.
“After we announced his arrival for this Wednesday, Laporta informed Koeman that the coach was not allowed to speak to the press in Holland.”
Barbara Barend, a journalist who has been invited by the Koeman family to Barcelona in recent days, explained that the coach’s participation has been closed.
Almost Two Years of Unemployment, Ex-Barcelona Coach Gets Work Soon
Xavi believes Dembele will be loyal to Barcelona
Sergio Busquets admits Barcelona was knocked out of the Champions League due to their own doing
Revealed, the only candidate to replace Ronald Koeman at Barcelona
Facing a financial Crisis, Barcelona’s salary bill is only one-eighth of Real Madrid